If you have a hardwood floor in your home, I envy you lots. Hardwoods are so elegant and durable that it can literally last for many generations. They’re pretty easy to maintain, too. As is with other things, it needs proper maintenance so that its quality and durability will not diminish.
Here are some quick tips you can use to keep your hardwood floors as shiny and classy as it is:
1. Regularly sweep or vacuum the floor to prevent the accumulation of dirt. No one wants a floor with thick dust. Dirt can also damage the surface of the wood in the long run.
2. Use carpets, doormats, or rugs to keep the floor from being scratched by objects and being spilled with liquids. This is a good idea especially in heavy traffic areas of your home like hallways, living room, and kitchen.
3. Do not use wax and oil soaps in cleaning the wooden floor since they damage the quality of the wood’s finishing. There are cleaners specialized for hardwoods that you can buy at grocery stores.
4. Do not use plenty of water in cleaning the floor because it can permanently damage it. You should squeeze the mop tight to remove water before you mop the wooden floor. Be careful to not leave the water on the floor for too long.
5. Do not expose your wooden floor to sunlight and intense artificial light because this may change the color of the wood. We don’t want a faded wooden floor, don’t we?
6. Recoat your wooden floor if you think the floor is too damaged already. Before you do this, you should consult a hardwood flooring professional to make sure that the floor will not get damaged. You can do this by yourself or hire a professional. Remember that if you decide to do it by yourself, you have to leave the coating 24 hours before you step on it. You can browse Blake Shelton Rodeo tickets while you’re waiting!
Follow these simple tips to make sure your hardwood floor is the envy of many. Remember that allowing your wooden floor to be irreparably damaged will cost you more bucks than you will spend in maintaining it. So go ahead and give your floor some love!